1.Container rotary mixing equipment
In the production of the pharmaceutical industry, there are V-type mixers, double-cone mixers, two-dimensional motion mixers (multi-directional mixers), square-cone hopper mixers, and so on. Except for the square cone hopper type and large-capacity three-dimensional motion mixer, this type of mixing equipment is generally suitable for multi-variety and small-batch production.
Features of container rotary mixer:
(1) When mixing materials with friction, the mixing effect is good;
(2) When mixing materials with good fluidity and similar physical properties, a better mixing effect can be obtained;
(3) When mixing materials that are prone to condensation and adhesion, it is necessary to install devices such as forced stirring blades or diffusion plates in the mixing equipment.
Disadvantages of container rotary mixer:
(1) The large-capacity mixer covers a relatively large area and requires a solid foundation;
(2) Its charging factor is small, and the mixed material and the container are rotated at the same time for overall mixing, so the rotary type requires more energy than the fixed type;
(3) Special devices need to be made for positioning or parking;
(4) When the difference in physical properties of the mixture is large, generally an ideal mixture cannot be obtained;
(5) Compared with the fixed type, the noise of the rotary type is relatively large.
2.Container-fixed mixing equipment
In the production of the pharmaceutical industry, there are grooved (horizontal ribbons), vertical ribbons, planetary cones (double spiral cones), and air-flow stirring types. This type of mixing equipment is generally suitable for large-scale production, and other types have fewer applications in the pharmaceutical industry.
Container fixed mixer features:
(1) Good adaptability to mixed materials with strong coagulability and adhesion;
(2) When the difference between the mixed materials is large, the influence on the mixing state is small;
(3) Can mix liquids and wet and agglomerated materials;
(4) The loading factor is large and the energy consumption is relatively small.
Disadvantages of the container fixed mixer (except similar to Bolz-Summix conical screw mixer and air flow stirring type):
(1) It is generally difficult to thoroughly clean the mixed container type, and it is difficult to meet the cleaning requirements for changing batches;
(2) Horizontal mixing container discharge is generally not clean;
(3) Models equipped with high-speed rotors have a tendency to re-crush the brittle materials, which tends to heat the materials.
3.Composite hybrid equipment
The so-called compound mixing equipment is based on the container rotation type, and the device for mixing materials is added inside the container. It can also be said to be an extension of the container rotation type. In the production of the pharmaceutical industry, there is often a one-dimensional motion mixer (tumble motion mixer), a two-dimensional motion mixer (rock mixer), a V-type mixer with built-in stirring blades or a double-cone mixer, and a spherical mixer.
The composite type is compatible with the characteristics of the rotary type of the container, which overcomes the uneven mixing of the condensed or adhered materials, making the equipment more uniformly mixed. This type of equipment is often suitable for the production of solid preparations and non-sterile preparations. When used for the production of sterile preparations, corresponding cleaning and sterilization methods should be used to ensure it.